New Families 2023
Welcome to Shireland Technology Primary. It is an exciting time for us as a school as we begin our fourth year; we look forward to you joining us on our journey.
Thank you for choosing Shireland Technology Primary School for your child. By choosing us we believe you have given your child the best possible start to their educational journey.
New Reception families, due to start school with us in September 2023
The school day commences at 8.30am Monday – Friday and finishes at 3.30pm Monday – Thursday, and 2.30pm on Fridays.
(Nursery runs 8.30am – 11.30am Monday – Friday).
For school uniform and PE kit guidance please see our ‘School Uniform’ page
Before your child starts school, please ensure –
- You have purchased all the correct uniform for your child/ren (we offer a Uniform Recycling Scheme to support families with uniform items – please see the school office if you wish to enquire about this)
- You have written your child’s name in all their belongings including shoes, coat and PE kit, this is also especially important in your child’s Shireland jumper / cardigan
What to bring to school each day
- Water bottle (with name on)
- Book bag (recommended purchase from CC Uniforms)
- PE kit (can be left at school)
When the weather gets colder:
- A warm coat
- Wellington boats to leave at school
When the weather is warmer:
- A sun hat (sun cream to be applied before school)
A healthy hot meal is provided for all children in Reception free of charge everyday at school, and a fruit snack is given to all pupils at break time (mid-morning). There is no need to send your child to school with any food. Milk can also be provided free of charge at break time for all children up to age 5.
Milk is provided to us by external company Cool Milk, to apply please visit coolmilk.com
Please ensure any allergies are reported to your child’s class teacher and the school office before school commences. If providing a packed lunch for your child, please ensure it does not include any items containing nuts, this includes all brands of chocolate spread and kiwi fruit (allergies in year group).
If your child has medication which needs to be administered during the school day, please bring it to the school office to be signed in. Please note, we can only accept prescribed medication (with a pharmacy label on including the child’s name).
Looking for a school place for your child? New to the local area and interested in our school?
Please call the school office on 0121 565 8812 or come to the school office and we will be happy to help you.
10 Must-Knows Before you Start!
Here are the 10 key things we want our pupils to know before they start with us in September: